Creative Data Scientist - HEALTH TECH STARTUP at Chronomics
London, United Kingdom
🇬🇧 (Posted Jul 2 2018)
About the company
Chronomics is an ambitious health tech start-up that believes people should be in charge of their own health. Health management should be proactive, not reactive and it should be personalised.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and skilled researcher/engineer in AI/Machine Learning who wants to make a difference and help bring about a proactive healthcare revolution. As an early stage startup we need someone with a can-do attitude who is happy to jump in and get their hands dirty. This might include anything from tweaking our current models, developing new modelling/algorithmic strategies and training novel models that will be included as part of our product. This person will play a critical role in the team as a Creative Data Scientist, developing sophisticated biomarker and prediction algorithms that will not only have huge value for the research community but will also have lasting health benefits for people around the world.
As an early stage startup with big ambitions you will get the chance to work with numerous different technologies, access a unique genetic dataset, collaborate with top academic experts, get your work published, have a say in how we drive the company forward and learn a ton along the way. An interest in understanding biology and disease is a must.
Normally wear a suit to interviews? Probably not your gig..
* Share options so early contributors benefit from our success.
* Flexible working hours mean a family & life friendly environment.
* Fortnightly brainstorming team lunches.
* Flexible office or home working.
* We'll provide the laptop and IT you need to do your best work (macbook pro with monitors - you name it!).
* Book budget - order it no questions asked.
* Friday pub sessions.
Skills & requirements
* A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
* Good understanding of Statistical / Machine Learning methods.
* Programing skills in at least one of Python/R/C++.
* Relative experience in a research or commercial environment.
* Ability to create innovative technical concepts to solve real-world Machine Learning problems.
* Strong critical thinking, creativity and communication skills.
* Passion to develop a great product as part of an agile team.
* Bias towards fast delivery while having high quality standards.
Nice to have:
* PhD in a quantitative field.
* Experience with AWS.
* Experience in epidemiological research and longitudinal data analysis.
* NoSQL DBs like MongoDB.
* Familiarity with biological concepts and large omics datasets (e.g. genomics data).
* A good track record of Statistical / Machine Learning publications.
Instructions how to apply
Via careers page https://www.chronomics.co.uk/careers/creative-data-scientist
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://Jobhunt.ai
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)