Senior Python Software Engineer for fast growing startup at Longshot Systems
London, United Kingdom
🇬🇧 (Posted Jul 11 2018)
About the company
Longshot Systems is a small startup producing high throughput, low latency trading software and tools for use in sports betting markets. Our core stack is built around the RabbitMQ messaging system with the majority of the components written in Golang and Python.
Our core systems handle thousands of trading signals per second, all of which must be processed and potentially acted upon with minimal latency. We have similar challenges to high frequency trading shops, but in the sports betting world.
We have an office dog, Minos. He's a beagle and rather cheeky. He really likes his tennis ball.
At Longshot Systems we build advanced platforms for sports betting analytics and trading.
We are a small start-up company working in a rewarding and challenging industry. Having developed a lot of our core platform infrastructure we are looking to begin expanding our trading strategy research activity. Our core systems handle thousands of events per second, 24/7. We have similar problems and constraints to high frequency trading shops, but in the sports betting world.
You'd be working closely with the CEO, CTO and Machine Learning research team to design and build the tooling & distributed cluster computing frameworks to support strategy research and development, help turn prototype trading models into production-ready systems as well as architecting the high-level design of the strategy software to minimise trading latency and scale effectively. Our strategy stack is Python based and communicates with our core infrastructure, written in Golang, by RPC. We use AWS EC2 and S3 for our cluster computation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong software engineering background, with broad experience across a range of topics related to general high performance computing such as multi-threading, networking, profiling and optimisation. Experience working with C/C++ is essential, as is experience with tools like Cython, Numba etc for performance optimisation. Prior experience with distributed cluster computation, the NumPy and SciPy stacks and knowledge of common ML algorithms & techniques are all a plus, although not essential. Most importantly we're looking for intellectually curious engineers who enjoy learning about new technologies and techniques, solving problems and encouraging engineering best practice.
We've got a pretty relaxed atmosphere here with team lunches / after work drinks a regular occurrence (our local pub does excellent Thai food, we go frequently). Our customary office hours are week days, 10 til 6. We don't much like peak rush hour. If that doesn't suit, let us know and we can talk, we're flexible. Our office is based in Marylebone, London.
Our salary range for the role is £70,000 to £85,000, depending on experience and interview performance. We offer 10% matched pension contributions as standard for all staff.
We do not currently offer other benefits such as private health or dental insurance, but we are open to negotiating if this is something you need.
Choose your own hardware & setup for your development environment. Adjustable standing desks provided.
Skills & requirements
• Significant software engineering skills and experience
• Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university
• Takes pride in engineering excellence and encourages best practice in others
• A systematic, analytical approach to tackling problems and designing solutions
• Strong Python & Cython
• Proficient in C/C++ on modern architectures
• Strong general high performance computing: Multi-threading, profiling Python/C/C++ and performance optimisation, networking
• Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
• Other relevant qualifications in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Physics etc
• Experience with the NumPy/SciPy stack
• Experience of machine learning techniques and related libraries and frameworks e.g. scikit-learn, Tensorflow
• Experience in scientific computing with other languages & frameworks
We encourage you to apply even if you think you may not currently fit all of these requirements – so long as you are willing to work hard and learn, we want to hear from you.
Instructions how to apply
see the website
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://Jobhunt.ai
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that works)