Machine Learning/NLP Engineer at Alpha
🇺🇸 United States › New York › NYC (Posted Aug 1 2018)
About the company
Alpha's platform enables management teams at the world's leading organizations (Aetna, Citi, Experian, etc.) to make data-driven decisions about users, products, and markets.
Alpha is a venture-backed start-up based in New York, NY and our platform enables management teams to make data-driven decisions about users, products, and new markets.
At Alpha we are passionate about enabling teams to make data-driven decisions about users, products, and new markets. We believe the best path there involves more shots on goal – by vastly accelerating our clients’ abilities to learn we can help them build better products faster. We’re looking for a talented Machine Learning/NLP Engineer with a strong appreciation for simple, effective architecture and rapid experimentation. This position is full-time and on-site at our SoHo (NYC) office.
- Independently work on end-to-end development of NLP models to derive insights from text- Lead NLP projects and develop models in collaboration with team members
- Mentor less experienced members of the team
- Work with stakeholders to refine requirements and communicate progress
- Work with the team to develop a system for semantic search, entity recognition, knowledge graph creation, transcription, paraphrase detection, question answering etc.
- Train deep learning models with internal and external NLP datasets
- Deploy models to production and monitor performance
- Develop original ideas to create cognitive systems
- Participate in internal and external forums
Skills & requirements
- 3+ years of NLP experience
- MS in Computer Science with NLP specialization. PhD preferred
Helpful to have:
- Extensive experience in applying different NLP techniques to problems such as sentence summarization, question answering, sentiment analysis, knowledge extraction and conversational bots
- Expertise in NLP methods such as LSA, LDA, Semantic Hashing, Word2Vec, LSTM, BiDAF etc.
- Strong command over linear algebra and statistics having the ability to quickly translate ideas to efficient, elegant code
- Development experience in Python or Java/Scala with good command over respective data pipelining, matrix algebra and statistics libraries
- Stanford CoreNLP and other NLP tool kits
- Deep learning programming experience with Python/Tensorflow or similar library in a GPU environment
- Experience working with external reference datasets like SQUAD, SemEval, MSRP, WikTable, WikiQA, AllenAI etc.
- Tuning and optimization of sequential deep learning models
- Model deployment and scaling experience
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Stoneridge (January 2021)
Novi, Michigan, United States
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will develop state-of-the-art vision object detection and tracking algorithms based on Stoneridge’s reward winning product “MirrorEye”. Machine learning and deep learning are the major tools for the perception algorit...
Machine Learning Engineer - TransRe (January 2021)
NYC, New York, United States
This role will be part of our Applied Data Team and will be responsible for providing Machine Learning Engineering support.
Tasks & responsibilities required of this role include but are not limited to:
• Construct machine learning models including data co...
Data Scientist - Talkspace (January 2021)
Remote US, 100% Remote
Data Scientist - Customer Acquisition
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better. We are looking for an ex...
NLP Data Scientist - Aisera (January 2021)
Palo Alto, California, United States
AI / ML Data Science · Palo Alto, California
There are many examples of disruption in the consumer space – Uber disrupting the cab industry, Airbnb disrupting the hospitality industry and so on; but have you wondered who is disrupting support and operations...
Machine Learning Engineer Intern - Mailchimp (January 2021)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was design...
Not the machine learning job you are looking for?
Browse all machine learning jobs
and we're sure you will find a suitable one!