Python Engineer at TileDB
🇺🇸 United States › Massachusetts › Cambridge (Posted Apr 5 2020)
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
120000 - 140000
We are looking for a Python-focused software engineer to build and enhance our existing APIs and integrations with the Scientific Python ecosystem. TileDB’s Python API (https://github.com/TileDB-Inc/TileDB-Py) wraps the TileDB core C API, and integrates closely with NumPy to provide zero-copy data access. You will build and enhance the Python API through interfacing with the core library; build new integrations with data science, scientific, and machine learning libraries; and engage with the community and customers to create value through the use of TileDB.
Our headquarters are in Cambridge, MA, USA and we have a subsidiary in Athens, Greece. However, you will have the flexibility to work remotely as long as your residence is in the USA or Greece. US candidates must be US citizens, whereas Greek candidates must be Greek or EU citizens.
In your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with TileDB, the TileDB-Py API and the TileDB-Dask integration. After 30 days, you will be fully integrated in our team. You’ll be an active contributor and maintainer of the TileDB-Py project, and ready to start designing and implementing new features, as well as engaging with the Python and Data Science community.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Expertise in Python and experience with NumPy
- Experience interfacing with the CPython API, and Cython or pybind11
- Experience with Python packaging, including binary distribution
- Experience with C, C++, Rust, or a similar systems-level language
- Distributed computation with Dask, Spark, or similar distributed computation system
- Experience with a machine learning library (e.g. scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Theano)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud platform
- Experience with dataframe-focused systems (e.g. Arrow, Pandas, data.frame, Vaex)
- Experience with technical data formats such as (e.g. Parquet, HDF5, VCF, DICOM, GeoTIFF)
- Experience with other technical computing systems (e.g. R, MATLAB, Julia)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Flexibility to work remotely (anywhere in the US or Greece)
TileDB, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive team.
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Data Scientist - One Drop (March 2021)
Austin, Texas, United States
Core Experience – Data Science
We’re seeing a passionate Data Scientist to join the team at One Drop. Data Science is all about providing startlingly novel and refreshingly useful decision support directly to One Drop’s end users. For example, One Drop i...
Summer PhD Intern (Edge Machine Learning) - Procter & Gamble (February 2021)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Summer PhD Intern (Edge Machine Learning), Smart Products
Are you passionate about solving tough challenges? At P&G you can use your analytical skills to find creative solutions for consumer's everyday problems! If this sounds like fun, we would ...
Machine Learning Engineer - Virtual Facility (February 2021)
NYC, New York, United States (Remote work possible)
What We’re Looking For
The company seeks a Machine Learning Engineer who will support the machine learning initiatives required by the Virtual Facility platform. The candidate should be a self-starter, with significant prior experience working in a start-up ...
Machine Learning Engineer - BenevolentAI (January 2021)
NYC, New York, United States
The Machine Learning Engineering team is an interdisciplinary group focused on applying engineering rigour to machine learning problems on the BenevolentAI software platform. To carry out our role, we understand discoveries in machine learning algorithms, as we...
Machine Learning Engineer - Resemble AI (January 2021)
Worldwide, 100% Remote
$65k – $120k
0.05% – 0.5%
Resemble AI creates high-quality synthetic voices that capture human emotion. We're a venture-backed high-growth startup that's looking to shake up an entire industry with state of the art AI.
Our product changes the way that ...