Machine Learning Engineer at TransRe
🇺🇸 United States › New York › NYC (Posted Jan 14 2021)
About the company
Since 1977, TransRe’ vision has been to deliver the capacity and expertise necessary to contribute to the sustainable growth of prosperous communicates worldwide.
Our mission is to be the first- choice provider to reinsurance to our customers, based on:
Expertise - the foundation of our long term, trust-based relationship is built on long tenured leadership in every line in every region.
Accessibility - our global network of local support for all property and casualty lines of business.
Strength - the cornerstone of our ability and willingness to pay claims.
Innovation - to track record of collaboration and service delivery to support your sustainable profitable growth.
Expertise - the basis of our timely, value-added insight and offerings.
Resilience - we exist to improve the resilience of communities worldwide, through our products, our people and our partnerships.
This role will be part of our Applied Data Team and will be responsible for providing Machine Learning Engineering support.
Tasks & responsibilities required of this role include but are not limited to:
• Construct machine learning models including data collection, normalization, and standardization, data pipeline construction, model selection and hyperparameter tuning, working ml systems that can add new data into ml model.
• Create apps to present ml models and host them in the cloud or locally.
• Create pipelines to query and retrieve and update data for existing applications to keep them updated
• Supervise the scaling and management of the machine learning modeling ecosystem
• Find orthogonal data sets to supplement models and increase alpha
• Stay abreast of new technology and machine learning methodologies and implement them into the
model building architecture
• Work alongside (re)insurance domain experts to improve predictive aspects of their lines of business
• 3+ years of demonstrative excellence in building, scaling, and productizing machine learning models
• Experience working with sparse, high dimensional, and time series data
• Python ml stack
• Experience dealing with imbalanced classes
• Deep Learning Architectures
• ML Optimization Techniques
• Cloud Services: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
• Distributed systems: Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
• Ensemble Stacking and Meta Learners
• Classification and Regression Metrics
• Regularization Methods
• Version Control
• Quant trading experience welcome but not required
• Kaggle ranking of expert or higher a plus
To achieve our Vision and Mission, we maintain a culture of the highest ethical standards. We treat our employees and customers fairly. We stand behind our products and services. We act with:
Integrity - work honestly, to enhance TransRe’s reputation.
Respect - value all colleagues. Collaborate actively.
Performance - we reward excellence. Be accountable, manage risk and deliver TransRe’s
Entrepreneurship - seize opportunities. Innovate for and with customers.
Customer Focus - anticipate their priorities. Exceed their expectations.
We support diversity in the workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Senior Software Engineer, IoT and Android - Security and Safety Things GmbH (A Bosch IoT Start-Up) (July 2021)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Our AOSP-based operating system enables third party developers to build headless Android apps that run on directly on IP cameras from a wide range of manufacturers. Our team’s role is to enable the creation of these apps by building software frameworks, advan...
NLP Engineer - Strong Analytics (July 2021)
Chicago, Illinois, United States (Remote work possible)
Strong Analytics is seeking a data scientist with expertise in Natural Language Processing (NLP) to join our team researching, deploying, and monitoring NLP-based solutions for our clients.At Strong, we pride ourselves not only in building the right solutions f...
Software Engineer - Research Team - GrammaTech, Inc. (July 2021)
Ithaca, New York, United States (Remote work possible)
OverviewAre you ready to be challenged, right from the interview process? Are you looking to work with a highly intelligent but humble team? Do you want to work on cutting-edge cyber security problems and have the background to do it? Well then, this role may ...
VP - Data Science / Machine Learning - JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (July 2021)
Plano, Texas, United States
The VP Data Scientist is an individual contributor who should be able to apply quantitative, data science and analytical skills to complex problems. He/she should be able to work across teams to design, develop, and evaluate and execute against those data scien...
Machine Learning Engineer - Flock Safety (July 2021)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States (Remote work possible)
Eliminate Crime. Build Community. Flock Safety provides a public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing wit...