Machine Learning Engineer at TransRe
🇺🇸 United States › New York › NYC (Posted Jan 14 2021)
About the company
Since 1977, TransRe’ vision has been to deliver the capacity and expertise necessary to contribute to the sustainable growth of prosperous communicates worldwide.
Our mission is to be the first- choice provider to reinsurance to our customers, based on:
Expertise - the foundation of our long term, trust-based relationship is built on long tenured leadership in every line in every region.
Accessibility - our global network of local support for all property and casualty lines of business.
Strength - the cornerstone of our ability and willingness to pay claims.
Innovation - to track record of collaboration and service delivery to support your sustainable profitable growth.
Expertise - the basis of our timely, value-added insight and offerings.
Resilience - we exist to improve the resilience of communities worldwide, through our products, our people and our partnerships.
This role will be part of our Applied Data Team and will be responsible for providing Machine Learning Engineering support.
Tasks & responsibilities required of this role include but are not limited to:
• Construct machine learning models including data collection, normalization, and standardization, data pipeline construction, model selection and hyperparameter tuning, working ml systems that can add new data into ml model.
• Create apps to present ml models and host them in the cloud or locally.
• Create pipelines to query and retrieve and update data for existing applications to keep them updated
• Supervise the scaling and management of the machine learning modeling ecosystem
• Find orthogonal data sets to supplement models and increase alpha
• Stay abreast of new technology and machine learning methodologies and implement them into the
model building architecture
• Work alongside (re)insurance domain experts to improve predictive aspects of their lines of business
• 3+ years of demonstrative excellence in building, scaling, and productizing machine learning models
• Experience working with sparse, high dimensional, and time series data
• Python ml stack
• Experience dealing with imbalanced classes
• Deep Learning Architectures
• ML Optimization Techniques
• Cloud Services: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
• Distributed systems: Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
• Ensemble Stacking and Meta Learners
• Classification and Regression Metrics
• Regularization Methods
• Version Control
• Quant trading experience welcome but not required
• Kaggle ranking of expert or higher a plus
To achieve our Vision and Mission, we maintain a culture of the highest ethical standards. We treat our employees and customers fairly. We stand behind our products and services. We act with:
Integrity - work honestly, to enhance TransRe’s reputation.
Respect - value all colleagues. Collaborate actively.
Performance - we reward excellence. Be accountable, manage risk and deliver TransRe’s
Entrepreneurship - seize opportunities. Innovate for and with customers.
Customer Focus - anticipate their priorities. Exceed their expectations.
We support diversity in the workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Machine Learning Engineer - Virtual Facility (February 2021)
NYC, New York, United States (Remote work possible)
What We’re Looking For
The company seeks a Machine Learning Engineer who will support the machine learning initiatives required by the Virtual Facility platform. The candidate should be a self-starter, with significant prior experience working in a start-up ...
Machine Learning Engineer - BenevolentAI (January 2021)
NYC, New York, United States
The Machine Learning Engineering team is an interdisciplinary group focused on applying engineering rigour to machine learning problems on the BenevolentAI software platform. To carry out our role, we understand discoveries in machine learning algorithms, as we...
Machine Learning Engineer - Resemble AI (January 2021)
Worldwide, 100% Remote
$65k – $120k
0.05% – 0.5%
Resemble AI creates high-quality synthetic voices that capture human emotion. We're a venture-backed high-growth startup that's looking to shake up an entire industry with state of the art AI.
Our product changes the way that ...
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Stoneridge (January 2021)
Novi, Michigan, United States
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will develop state-of-the-art vision object detection and tracking algorithms based on Stoneridge’s reward winning product “MirrorEye”. Machine learning and deep learning are the major tools for the perception algorit...
Data Scientist - Talkspace (January 2021)
Remote US, 100% Remote
Data Scientist - Customer Acquisition
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better. We are looking for an ex...