Machine Learning Engineer at TransRe
🇺🇸 United States › New York › NYC (Posted Jan 14 2021)
About the company
Since 1977, TransRe’ vision has been to deliver the capacity and expertise necessary to contribute to the sustainable growth of prosperous communicates worldwide.
Our mission is to be the first- choice provider to reinsurance to our customers, based on:
Expertise - the foundation of our long term, trust-based relationship is built on long tenured leadership in every line in every region.
Accessibility - our global network of local support for all property and casualty lines of business.
Strength - the cornerstone of our ability and willingness to pay claims.
Innovation - to track record of collaboration and service delivery to support your sustainable profitable growth.
Expertise - the basis of our timely, value-added insight and offerings.
Resilience - we exist to improve the resilience of communities worldwide, through our products, our people and our partnerships.
This role will be part of our Applied Data Team and will be responsible for providing Machine Learning Engineering support.
Tasks & responsibilities required of this role include but are not limited to:
• Construct machine learning models including data collection, normalization, and standardization, data pipeline construction, model selection and hyperparameter tuning, working ml systems that can add new data into ml model.
• Create apps to present ml models and host them in the cloud or locally.
• Create pipelines to query and retrieve and update data for existing applications to keep them updated
• Supervise the scaling and management of the machine learning modeling ecosystem
• Find orthogonal data sets to supplement models and increase alpha
• Stay abreast of new technology and machine learning methodologies and implement them into the
model building architecture
• Work alongside (re)insurance domain experts to improve predictive aspects of their lines of business
• 3+ years of demonstrative excellence in building, scaling, and productizing machine learning models
• Experience working with sparse, high dimensional, and time series data
• Python ml stack
• Experience dealing with imbalanced classes
• Deep Learning Architectures
• ML Optimization Techniques
• Cloud Services: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
• Distributed systems: Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
• Ensemble Stacking and Meta Learners
• Classification and Regression Metrics
• Regularization Methods
• Version Control
• Quant trading experience welcome but not required
• Kaggle ranking of expert or higher a plus
To achieve our Vision and Mission, we maintain a culture of the highest ethical standards. We treat our employees and customers fairly. We stand behind our products and services. We act with:
Integrity - work honestly, to enhance TransRe’s reputation.
Respect - value all colleagues. Collaborate actively.
Performance - we reward excellence. Be accountable, manage risk and deliver TransRe’s
Entrepreneurship - seize opportunities. Innovate for and with customers.
Customer Focus - anticipate their priorities. Exceed their expectations.
We support diversity in the workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Tapad (October 2021)
NYC, New York, United States
Small Teams; Big Data
At Tapad, we look for individuals who are motivated by complex and challenging work. We want to work with people who share compelling solutions to those challenges, solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise....
Engineering Manager, Machine Learning - Rokt (September 2021)
NYC, New York, United States
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our machine learning team. This team is responsible for building and maintaining a group of machine learning tools for clients to optimize to value and outcomes - whether that be scale, efficiency or...
Computer Vision Scientist Internship/Co-Op (September - March) - Netrias (September 2021)
Arlington, Virginia, United States (Remote work possible)
Computer Vision Scientist Internship/Co-Op (September - March)
REMOTE / ONSITE (Flexible) | Washington, D.C. Metro Area
Netrias is a fast-growing Artificial Intelligence (AI) company that specializes in the application of machine learning models for biologic...
Senior Machine Learning Scientist - Recursion (September 2021)
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our te...
Software Engineer, Machine Learning - Reverie Labs (September 2021)
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a pharmaceutical company from the ground up using computation—we’re a drug company that looks and feels like a tech company. We’re a team of engineers and machine learning researchers using cutting-edge tools to design ne...