Deep Learning Internship (Summer 2021) at Tesla
🇺🇸 United States › California › Palo Alto (Posted Jan 17 2021)
About the company
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Autopilot - Deep Learning Internship (Summer 2021)
As an Intern with the Autopilot AI team you will research, design, implement, optimize and deploy deep learning models that advance the state of the art in perception and control for autonomous driving. A typical day to day includes reading deep learning papers, implementing described models and algorithms, adapting them to our setting and driving up internal metrics. A strong candidate will ideally possess at least one strong expertise in the following areas, and at least a familiarity in others.
- Train machine learning and deep learning models on a computing cluster to perform visual recognition tasks, such as segmentation and detection
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms in one or all of the following areas: deep learning (convolutional neural networks), object detection/classification, tracking, multi-task learning, large-scale distributed training, multi-sensor fusion, etc.
- Optimize deep neural networks and the associated preprocessing/postprocessing code to run efficiently on an embedded device
- The team operates in a production setting. An ideal candidate has strong software engineering practices and is very comfortable with Python programming, debugging/profiling, and version control.
- We train neural networks on a cluster in large-scale distributed settings. An ideal candidate is very comfortable in cluster environments and understands the related computer systems concepts (CPU/GPU interactions/transfers, latency/throughput bottlenecks during training of neural networks, CUDA, pipelining/multiprocessing, etc).
- We are at the cutting edge of deep learning applications. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the under the hood fundamentals of deep learning (layer details, backpropagation, etc). Additional requirements include the ability to read and implement related academic literature and experience in applying state of the art deep learning models to computer vision (e.g. segmentation, detection) or a closely related area (speech, NLP).
- Experience with PyTorch, or at least another major deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, MXNet.
- Some experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment.
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Machine Learning Engineer - Stripe (March 2021)
Remote US, 100% Remote
Machine Learning Engineer, Fraud Intelligence
Stripe builds the economic infrastructure for the internet. Building trust between banks, businesses & customers is a key ingredient for Stripe to be successful. Unfortunately, fraudsters & bad actors erode that t...
Machine Learning Engineer - Robinhood (February 2021)
Menlo Park, California, United States
Machine Learning Engineer, CX Understanding
About the Role
Our team’s mission is to continuously improve the customer experience through data driven insights, experimentation, machine learning, and natural language processing technologies. We are looking f...
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Roblox (February 2021)
San Mateo, California, United States
Sr ML Engineer : Recommendation, Ranking & Personalization
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest...
Resident Data Scientist - Ambient.ai (February 2021)
Palo Alto, California, United States
Engineering – Machine Perception
As a Resident Data Scientist, you will take broad ownership of all things data at Ambient (and we have massive amounts of video and textual data). Your three primary responsibilities include: Managing the collection, storage ...
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning Platform - Lodestone (February 2021)
Menlo Park, California, United States (Remote work possible)
Lodestone is a best of breed Digital Quality & Solutions company. We support some of the world’s most beloved, and widely used products and are trusted by our partners to act as digital stewards. We are honored to be tasked with this immense responsibility an...