Deep Learning Internship (Summer 2021) at Tesla
🇺🇸 United States › California › Palo Alto (Posted Jan 17 2021)
About the company
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Autopilot - Deep Learning Internship (Summer 2021)
As an Intern with the Autopilot AI team you will research, design, implement, optimize and deploy deep learning models that advance the state of the art in perception and control for autonomous driving. A typical day to day includes reading deep learning papers, implementing described models and algorithms, adapting them to our setting and driving up internal metrics. A strong candidate will ideally possess at least one strong expertise in the following areas, and at least a familiarity in others.
- Train machine learning and deep learning models on a computing cluster to perform visual recognition tasks, such as segmentation and detection
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms in one or all of the following areas: deep learning (convolutional neural networks), object detection/classification, tracking, multi-task learning, large-scale distributed training, multi-sensor fusion, etc.
- Optimize deep neural networks and the associated preprocessing/postprocessing code to run efficiently on an embedded device
- The team operates in a production setting. An ideal candidate has strong software engineering practices and is very comfortable with Python programming, debugging/profiling, and version control.
- We train neural networks on a cluster in large-scale distributed settings. An ideal candidate is very comfortable in cluster environments and understands the related computer systems concepts (CPU/GPU interactions/transfers, latency/throughput bottlenecks during training of neural networks, CUDA, pipelining/multiprocessing, etc).
- We are at the cutting edge of deep learning applications. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the under the hood fundamentals of deep learning (layer details, backpropagation, etc). Additional requirements include the ability to read and implement related academic literature and experience in applying state of the art deep learning models to computer vision (e.g. segmentation, detection) or a closely related area (speech, NLP).
- Experience with PyTorch, or at least another major deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, MXNet.
- Some experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment.
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Principal Data Scientist - Moderna (April 2021)
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Moderna is seeking a talented and motivated data scientist with a background in applying machine learning techniques to problems in research and development to join our Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) team. As part of our mission to “Build Th...
Machine Learning Research Scientist (Intern) - Intel (March 2021)
Remote US/Canada, 100% Remote
Job Category: Intern/Student
Primary Location: Santa Clara, CA US
Virtual US and Canada
Intel develops best in class graphics and GPGPU technology, that is a critical part of our major product lines. We are looking for graduate-level resear...
Senior AI Engineer - LinkedIn (March 2021)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and everyday millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workfo...
2021 Machine Learning for Controls Internship - Blue River Technology (March 2021)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Blue River Technology serves the agricultural industry by designing and building advanced farm machines that utilize computer vision and machine learning to enable farmers to understand and manage every plant. These machines help farmers to improve profitabilit...
Machine Learning / AI Internship - Apple (March 2021)
Cupertino, California, United States
Apple is seeking highly qualified people for the position of AI/ML Engineer and AI/ML Researcher. The team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with particular focus on deep learning (DL), computer vision (CV), Natural Language P...