Machine Learning Engineer at LEGO Group
🇬🇧 United Kingdom › London (Posted Jan 23 2021)
Want to be part of a software team working on the future of play at LEGO as part of our Creative Play Lab?
Bring your software development skills to a new and exciting team helping to bring more digital experiences to physical play. Help to make a team that makes great software for enabling our designers to realise their vision.
• Leverage deep learning expertise to create new experiences and opportunities for LEGO.
• Develop quick prototypes in partnership with design to explore ways to improve play through technology.
• Design and implement a system to realise that technology and make great play, implementing ar toolset that enables LEGO designers to realise their vision.
• Be an active part of a small and agile software team, decide what features to build and design and implement them, focusing on distributed and scalable solutions.
• Drive software quality as part of everything you do and help to build a team that creates world-class quality tools and products.
Play your part in our team succeeding
Creative Play Lab exists to invent the future of creative play for LEGO. We focus on many things, including bringing new technology to meld the physical and digital worlds. This role is an opportunity to define the architecture and systems to drive a very exciting project that will be part of LEGO’s future.
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related field or multiple years of hands-on experience in a Software Engineering role
• 3+ years experience developing and architecting software, with experience of the full lifecycle from prototype to production.
• Experience with machine learning, data mining and/or statistical analysis.
• Experience designing high performance software and algorthms for resource constrained embedded hardware.
• Experience training large scale models in at least one modern deep learning engine such as Tensorflow or PyTorch.
• A leader in exceptional software engineering practices including coding standards, reviews, testing and operations.
• Willingness and ability to learn quickly and apply creative thinking to finding great solutions and drive them to completion.
• A passion for physical play, and experience working in a multi-disiplinary team where you enjoyed being the technical expert and enabling others.
• Excellent programming skills in C/C++
• English language skills on an advanced level
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Data Scientist / Operational Researcher - Tesco (February 2021)
London, United Kingdom
About the role
At Tesco, our Data Science team focuses on modelling complex business problems and deploying data products at scale. Our work spans across multiple areas including physical stores, online, supply chain, marketing and Clubcard, where we encourage...
Senior Backend Engineer - Machine Learning - BRYTER (February 2021)
Remote Europe, 100% Remote
## What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Backend Engineer experienced in building scalable Machine Learning-based applications. The goal of the team you’d be working in is enabling users to create custom-made information-retrieval algorithms on Lega...
Machine Learning Engineer - Virtual Facility (February 2021)
NYC, New York, United States (Remote work possible)
What We’re Looking For
The company seeks a Machine Learning Engineer who will support the machine learning initiatives required by the Virtual Facility platform. The candidate should be a self-starter, with significant prior experience working in a start-up ...
Senior Data Scientist - Kobalt Music Group (January 2021)
London, United Kingdom
At Kobalt, our Data Scientists wear many hats. They’re change agents, using their passion to proactively help to improve our processes, practices, infrastructure, architecture and services.
They’re experts with deep technical knowledge and extra...
Machine Learning Engineer - Kheiron (January 2021)
London, United Kingdom
We are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning.
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departmen...