Software Engineer - Machine Learning at Yelp
🇬🇧 United Kingdom › Leeds (Posted Jul 8 2021)
Yelp has hundreds of millions of pieces of user-contributed content, millions of users and business listings, and hundreds of thousands of advertising customers–and all of these numbers are constantly growing. Yelp’s machine learning engineers turn raw data into valuable signals by building end-to-end ML systems, from feature ETL to deploying predictive models in production, as well as by building the ML platforms that these models rely on. These systems power applications like search ranking, ads targeting, push notifications, and photo understanding. Our data teams banter about Bandits, know their way down a Gradient, and aren’t too Naïve to kick back in our office. Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages creative solutions to problems. We enable all new team members to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment. We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Based in or willing to relocate to United Kingdom
- Conduct end-to-end analyses, from wrangling data via SQL or Python, to statistical modeling, to hypothesizing and presenting business ideas.
- Work with large, complex datasets.
- Lead the development of machine learned models for offline, batch-based data products as well as models deployed to online, real-time services.
- Work in areas such as search, ads targeting, spam, and photo understanding.
Productionize and automate model pipelines within Python services.
What You'll Get:
- Experience with data ETL and data analysis packages and workflows (SQL, MapReduce, Spark, etc.).
- Experience with machine learning using packages such as xgboost, sklearn, TensorFlow, etc.
- A love for writing beautiful and maintainable code.
- The curiosity to uncover promising solutions to new problems, and the persistence to carry your ideas through to an end goal.
- Comfort in using a Unix environment.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe and the US
- Public transportation season ticket loan and £58 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, quarterly offsites, locally roasted coffee, happy hours, and more!
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Senior Data Scientist - Contorion (October 2021)
Build end to end DS/ML solutions that solves a customer need (no throwing the model over the fence)
Drive progress and set directions for DS/ML projects
Work closely with stakeholders to solve their problems and update them on the prog...
Senior Backend Engineer - Python - Cornerstone OnDemand (October 2021)
Remote Europe, 100% Remote
Cornerstone is looking for a Backend Engineer to join its Paris-based data science team. This team results of the acquisition early 2020 of Clustree, an HR deep tech start-up that built some world class AI assets around careers data. In a context where Corn...
Senior Backend Engineer - Layer (September 2021)
Worldwide, 100% Remote
All-remote work style, work anywhere. Currently we prefer teammates to be within UTC to UTC+5
Layer is building a machine learning operating system to empower data science teams to implement end-to-end machine learning effortlessly; from feature engineering, ...
Software Engineer, Machine Learning - Reverie Labs (September 2021)
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a pharmaceutical company from the ground up using computation—we’re a drug company that looks and feels like a tech company. We’re a team of engineers and machine learning researchers using cutting-edge tools to design ne...
Staff Software Engineer C++ focus Intelligent Data Aggregation (m/f/d) - CARIAD (September 2021)
Berlin, Germany (Remote work possible)
Location: Berlin, Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt, Mönsheim/Stuttgart
We are CARIAD, an automotive software company and part of the Volkswagen Group. Our mission is to make the automotive experience safer, more sustainable, more comfortable, more digital, and more fun....