Machine Learning Lead, Search / Recommendations at GoodNotes
🇭🇰 Hong Kong › Hong Kong (Posted Jul 9 2021)
The future of education is already here – it's just not evenly distributed. Join us now to bridge the gap between individual and collective intelligence. Take the lead of our ML engineering team to build a content discovery platform that encourages users to find their inspiration through learning and exploration. More than an Apple-featured App loved by million notetakers, let's create the future of learning together.
Our Core Values: * Users come first * Build a better product, not just different * Do less but get more done * Always be learning
What you will achieve in this role
What you need to be successful
- Make GoodNotes platform the epicenter for sharing and transferring knowledge
- Design, build and deploy large scale note-sharing search/recommendation systems to serve millions of users
- Identify and evaluate new ideas to tackle edge cases ranging from data collection to model development
- Research new models and productionize solutions at scale from academic and industry knowledge
- Work in a product-driven environment with quick iteration turnaround to get continuous feedback
- Collaborate with product and design teams to identify opportunities to improve our content discovery
- Promote best practices for managing the ML lifecycle inside the team
Less experienced candidates will be considered as Machine Learning Engineer.
- Hands-on experience in building end-to-end search and/or recommender systems at scale in production
- Love for writing efficient and maintainable code
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and a solid background in software engineering
- Familiarity with one or more distributed ML frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, XGBoost, LightGBM, Spark MLlib
- Experience with two or more of the following big data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Cassandra, Redis, Beam, Elasticsearch
- Deep knowledge in one or more of the following ML subfields: Information Retrieval, Recommender Systems, Natural Language Processing. Good to have knowledge in: Reinforcement Learning, Graph Representation Learning, Social Network Analysis
- Mastery in at least two programming languages such as: Java/Scala/C++/Rust and Python
- Ability to design and execute an R&D roadmap
- Good taste as a maker
- Interested in advancing innovation in education
Apply Now: * You'll receive competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make a significant contribution to a product people already love. * Most of our positions are eligible for remote work, provided you have at least 3 hours of overlap with the team in the office every weekday between 10 AM and 6 PM. Please indicate your preference in your application form. * You're also welcome to join us in our Hong Kong or London office, we sponsor visas and relocations. * We take care of you and your loved ones with medical insurance and flexible working hours including two optional work-from-home days! * Join our best company tradition, the annual off-site. Check out our pictures from team outings and more on our Instagram.
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d) - Industrial Data Science and Software - Smart Steel Technologies GmbH (July 2021)
APPLYING MACHINE LEARNING TO PROCESSES, NOT PEOPLEAt Smart Steel Technologies, we are building a one-of-a-kind cross-disciplinary team, uniting the worlds of steel and machine learning. Our team has come together from a diverse set of academic and professional...
Lead NLP Data Scientist - Tessian (July 2021)
London, United Kingdom (Remote work possible)
Data Science at TessianOur mission is to secure the human layer. This involves deploying near real-time machine learning models at massive scale to some of the world’s largest organisations to keep their most sensitive data private and secure. To do this, we...
Software Engineer (ML) - Mind Foundry (July 2021)
Oxford, United Kingdom (Remote work possible)
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer (Machine Learning) to join our rapidly growing University of Oxford company in our Engineering team. We are a group of passionate, skilled and inquisitive individuals working together in an open, transparent...
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Freemium Mission - Spotify (July 2021)
Remote Europe, 100% Remote
We are a team in the Freemium mission working on optimizing the customer journey. We are currently working on communicating the right value to the right users at the right time through a multi-channel messaging experience (email, push, in-app, etc), ensuring th...
Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Yelp (July 2021)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Yelp has hundreds of millions of pieces of user-contributed content, millions of users and business listings, and hundreds of thousands of advertising customers–and all of these numbers are constantly growing. Yelp’s machine learning engineers turn raw data...