Machine Learning Lead, Search / Recommendations at GoodNotes
🇭🇰 Hong Kong › Hong Kong (Posted Jul 9 2021)
The future of education is already here – it's just not evenly distributed. Join us now to bridge the gap between individual and collective intelligence. Take the lead of our ML engineering team to build a content discovery platform that encourages users to find their inspiration through learning and exploration. More than an Apple-featured App loved by million notetakers, let's create the future of learning together.
Our Core Values: * Users come first * Build a better product, not just different * Do less but get more done * Always be learning
What you will achieve in this role
What you need to be successful
- Make GoodNotes platform the epicenter for sharing and transferring knowledge
- Design, build and deploy large scale note-sharing search/recommendation systems to serve millions of users
- Identify and evaluate new ideas to tackle edge cases ranging from data collection to model development
- Research new models and productionize solutions at scale from academic and industry knowledge
- Work in a product-driven environment with quick iteration turnaround to get continuous feedback
- Collaborate with product and design teams to identify opportunities to improve our content discovery
- Promote best practices for managing the ML lifecycle inside the team
Less experienced candidates will be considered as Machine Learning Engineer.
- Hands-on experience in building end-to-end search and/or recommender systems at scale in production
- Love for writing efficient and maintainable code
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and a solid background in software engineering
- Familiarity with one or more distributed ML frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, XGBoost, LightGBM, Spark MLlib
- Experience with two or more of the following big data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Cassandra, Redis, Beam, Elasticsearch
- Deep knowledge in one or more of the following ML subfields: Information Retrieval, Recommender Systems, Natural Language Processing. Good to have knowledge in: Reinforcement Learning, Graph Representation Learning, Social Network Analysis
- Mastery in at least two programming languages such as: Java/Scala/C++/Rust and Python
- Ability to design and execute an R&D roadmap
- Good taste as a maker
- Interested in advancing innovation in education
Apply Now: * You'll receive competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make a significant contribution to a product people already love. * Most of our positions are eligible for remote work, provided you have at least 3 hours of overlap with the team in the office every weekday between 10 AM and 6 PM. Please indicate your preference in your application form. * You're also welcome to join us in our Hong Kong or London office, we sponsor visas and relocations. * We take care of you and your loved ones with medical insurance and flexible working hours including two optional work-from-home days! * Join our best company tradition, the annual off-site. Check out our pictures from team outings and more on our Instagram.
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Senior Data Scientist - Contorion (October 2021)
Build end to end DS/ML solutions that solves a customer need (no throwing the model over the fence)
Drive progress and set directions for DS/ML projects
Work closely with stakeholders to solve their problems and update them on the prog...
Senior Backend Engineer - Python - Cornerstone OnDemand (October 2021)
Remote Europe, 100% Remote
Cornerstone is looking for a Backend Engineer to join its Paris-based data science team. This team results of the acquisition early 2020 of Clustree, an HR deep tech start-up that built some world class AI assets around careers data. In a context where Corn...
Senior AI / ML Engineer - Blueshift (September 2021)
Blueshift is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. Our AI-Powered marketing platform empowers cutting edge B2C brands to drive 1:1 marketing on every channel. With Blueshift, marketers are in full control of automating various forms of person...
Senior Backend Engineer - Layer (September 2021)
Worldwide, 100% Remote
All-remote work style, work anywhere. Currently we prefer teammates to be within UTC to UTC+5
Layer is building a machine learning operating system to empower data science teams to implement end-to-end machine learning effortlessly; from feature engineering, ...
Staff Software Engineer C++ focus Intelligent Data Aggregation (m/f/d) - CARIAD (September 2021)
Berlin, Germany (Remote work possible)
Location: Berlin, Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt, Mönsheim/Stuttgart
We are CARIAD, an automotive software company and part of the Volkswagen Group. Our mission is to make the automotive experience safer, more sustainable, more comfortable, more digital, and more fun....