Senior Data Scientist (NLP) at Parenthetic
🇺🇸 United States › Virginia › Arlington (Posted Jul 9 2021)
We are building human-driven NLP technologies and are seeking an experienced, proactive data scientist to join our newly formed engineering team. An ideal candidate will have a strong background in natural language processing methods and experience with a range of text classification problems. We have a particular interest in event extraction/detection, entity recognition, slot-filling tasks, document classification, and zero-/few-shot learning. Secondary experience in forecasting, time series, and/or active learning methods will also be beneficial. As this is a new team, we are looking for candidates who are willing to help grow the organization by taking on a range of responsibilities across the technical spectrum, as well as effectively collaborate to deliver findings to our customers.
The position may require some on-site work in Northern Virginia for team and client meetings.
Your day-to-day will include:
Work Experience and Skills
- Research and develop machine learning methods for a wide range of text extraction and classification tasks, often with limited labels and/or in multiple languages
- Design and implement tools for monitoring and forecasting trends in signals derived from text data
- Work effectively, in an often self-directed environment, to estimate timelines, communicate progress, and identify avenues for future research and development
- Perform analyses and generate detailed data products for internal stakeholders and external clients
- Institute MLOps principles in our software development practices and platform development
- Deliver version-controlled, documented, and reproducible analyses and experiments that can be readily transitioned into scalable inference services
- Advanced degree in computer science, math/statistics, engineering, linguistics, social science, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the data science field (this is flexible depending on academic work)
- Proficiency with major Python data science libraries, including the SciPy stack and Scikit-learn
- Experience with at least one deep learning and/or NLP framework (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Transformers, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of pre-trained language models like BERT and GPT
- Familiarity with other commonly used technologies including Linux operating systems, SQL/NoSQL databases, etc.
- Ability to use git, as well as other version, workflow, and project management tools and technologies
- Possess strong communications skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely to a range of audiences
- Aptitude for learning quickly and a willingness to take on a wide range of responsibilities
- Experience with other technologies and platforms in our stack, including: Elasticsearch, Kibana, Docker, DVC, Kubernetes, GCP, GitLab
- Prior work in the marketing/communications and/or defense sectors
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a US government security clearance
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Senior Software Engineer, IoT and Android - Security and Safety Things GmbH (A Bosch IoT Start-Up) (July 2021)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Our AOSP-based operating system enables third party developers to build headless Android apps that run on directly on IP cameras from a wide range of manufacturers. Our team’s role is to enable the creation of these apps by building software frameworks, advan...
NLP Engineer - Strong Analytics (July 2021)
Chicago, Illinois, United States (Remote work possible)
Strong Analytics is seeking a data scientist with expertise in Natural Language Processing (NLP) to join our team researching, deploying, and monitoring NLP-based solutions for our clients.At Strong, we pride ourselves not only in building the right solutions f...
Software Engineer - Research Team - GrammaTech, Inc. (July 2021)
Ithaca, New York, United States (Remote work possible)
OverviewAre you ready to be challenged, right from the interview process? Are you looking to work with a highly intelligent but humble team? Do you want to work on cutting-edge cyber security problems and have the background to do it? Well then, this role may ...
VP - Data Science / Machine Learning - JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (July 2021)
Plano, Texas, United States
The VP Data Scientist is an individual contributor who should be able to apply quantitative, data science and analytical skills to complex problems. He/she should be able to work across teams to design, develop, and evaluate and execute against those data scien...
Machine Learning Engineer - Flock Safety (July 2021)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States (Remote work possible)
Eliminate Crime. Build Community. Flock Safety provides a public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing wit...