Senior Data Scientist (NLP) at Parenthetic
🇺🇸 United States › Virginia › Arlington (Posted Jul 9 2021)
We are building human-driven NLP technologies and are seeking an experienced, proactive data scientist to join our newly formed engineering team. An ideal candidate will have a strong background in natural language processing methods and experience with a range of text classification problems. We have a particular interest in event extraction/detection, entity recognition, slot-filling tasks, document classification, and zero-/few-shot learning. Secondary experience in forecasting, time series, and/or active learning methods will also be beneficial. As this is a new team, we are looking for candidates who are willing to help grow the organization by taking on a range of responsibilities across the technical spectrum, as well as effectively collaborate to deliver findings to our customers.
The position may require some on-site work in Northern Virginia for team and client meetings.
Your day-to-day will include:
Work Experience and Skills
- Research and develop machine learning methods for a wide range of text extraction and classification tasks, often with limited labels and/or in multiple languages
- Design and implement tools for monitoring and forecasting trends in signals derived from text data
- Work effectively, in an often self-directed environment, to estimate timelines, communicate progress, and identify avenues for future research and development
- Perform analyses and generate detailed data products for internal stakeholders and external clients
- Institute MLOps principles in our software development practices and platform development
- Deliver version-controlled, documented, and reproducible analyses and experiments that can be readily transitioned into scalable inference services
- Advanced degree in computer science, math/statistics, engineering, linguistics, social science, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the data science field (this is flexible depending on academic work)
- Proficiency with major Python data science libraries, including the SciPy stack and Scikit-learn
- Experience with at least one deep learning and/or NLP framework (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Transformers, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of pre-trained language models like BERT and GPT
- Familiarity with other commonly used technologies including Linux operating systems, SQL/NoSQL databases, etc.
- Ability to use git, as well as other version, workflow, and project management tools and technologies
- Possess strong communications skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely to a range of audiences
- Aptitude for learning quickly and a willingness to take on a wide range of responsibilities
- Experience with other technologies and platforms in our stack, including: Elasticsearch, Kibana, Docker, DVC, Kubernetes, GCP, GitLab
- Prior work in the marketing/communications and/or defense sectors
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a US government security clearance
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Senior Data Engineer, Machine Learning - Flock Freight (October 2021)
San Diego, California, United States (Remote work possible)
What drives you? Maybe you want to make the world a better place and tackle new, exciting challenges while disrupting an industry. Maybe you want to solve complex problems in applied machine learning, cloud deployments, or vehicle routing on an unmatched engine...
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Tapad (October 2021)
NYC, New York, United States
Small Teams; Big Data
At Tapad, we look for individuals who are motivated by complex and challenging work. We want to work with people who share compelling solutions to those challenges, solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise....
Software Engineer (Computer Vision / Machine Learning) - 8th Wall (September 2021)
Palo Alto, California, United States
Interested in Augmented Reality? Do you want to be part of a team that is changing the way the world interacts with mobile devices? We are an all-star team working to pioneer the next wave of technology - reimagining the way the world interacts with technology...
Engineering Manager, Machine Learning - Rokt (September 2021)
NYC, New York, United States
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our machine learning team. This team is responsible for building and maintaining a group of machine learning tools for clients to optimize to value and outcomes - whether that be scale, efficiency or...
Computer Vision Scientist Internship/Co-Op (September - March) - Netrias (September 2021)
Arlington, Virginia, United States (Remote work possible)
Computer Vision Scientist Internship/Co-Op (September - March)
REMOTE / ONSITE (Flexible) | Washington, D.C. Metro Area
Netrias is a fast-growing Artificial Intelligence (AI) company that specializes in the application of machine learning models for biologic...