Lead NLP Data Scientist at Tessian
🇬🇧 United Kingdom › London (Posted Jul 9 2021)
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Data Science at Tessian
Our mission is to secure the human layer. This involves deploying near real-time machine learning models at massive scale to some of the world’s largest organisations to keep their most sensitive data private and secure. To do this, we're looking for a senior data scientist with NLP experience ready to work on hard problems, drive best practice and cultivate an environment of experimentation and learning. Companies can leverage data science in a number of ways, and we think the role of a Data Scientist falls into three distinct categories:
1) You work for a business function analysing & reporting on how to improve a key metric, e.g increasing user conversion
2) You are responsible for writing production models to enhance the main product, e.g recommendation systems for e-commerce
3) You are the product - without machine learning, it wouldn't exist
The Data Science team built the product at Tessian. We couldn't exist without our machine learning models; it’s at the heart of what we do, and it’s what our clients rely on day-to-day. We're searching for a Lead NLP Data Scientist who is excited about the opportunities and challenges that come with researching, building and deploying real-time production models. In this role you'll get to:
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Work across massive enterprise email datasets
- Deploy models to production that impacts directly our customers and products
- Improve our ML workflow
- Collaborate with engineering and product leaders to develop a product suite that is continually detecting more advanced threats for our customers
- Make your mark on leading ambitious projects
- Mentor and knowledge share with data scientists at Tessian
Why we think you'll love it here....
- 4+ years Data Science experience
- Has strong NLP experience (in production)
- Has worked with, or understands the principles behind working with data at scale
- Can balance longer term projects alongside impactful quick wins
- Cares deeply about the impact their team hasIs a creative at heart, and can encourage novel ways of thinking in their team. This has always been a core part of the data science team’s DNA
- Reads Rules of Machine Learning - Martin Zinkevich and it resonates with how they think about machine learning and data science
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
- 25 days of paid holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, *and * an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!)
- Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Classpass - subsided access to gym time and classes all across London
- Choice First: Do your best work, in the way that works best for you
- Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!)
- Work-from-home subsidy upon joining, so you can kit out your home office
- Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5%
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on, plus Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Machine Learning Research Software Engineer - Mind Foundry (July 2021)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
We're looking for an experienced Machine Learning Research Software Engineer to join our expanding team. Are you passionate about what you do and interested in tackling some of the world's most challenging data science problems directly with our clients and su...
Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d) - Industrial Data Science and Software - Smart Steel Technologies GmbH (July 2021)
APPLYING MACHINE LEARNING TO PROCESSES, NOT PEOPLEAt Smart Steel Technologies, we are building a one-of-a-kind cross-disciplinary team, uniting the worlds of steel and machine learning. Our team has come together from a diverse set of academic and professional...
Software Engineer (ML) - Mind Foundry (July 2021)
Oxford, United Kingdom (Remote work possible)
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer (Machine Learning) to join our rapidly growing University of Oxford company in our Engineering team. We are a group of passionate, skilled and inquisitive individuals working together in an open, transparent...
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Freemium Mission - Spotify (July 2021)
Remote Europe, 100% Remote
We are a team in the Freemium mission working on optimizing the customer journey. We are currently working on communicating the right value to the right users at the right time through a multi-channel messaging experience (email, push, in-app, etc), ensuring th...
Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Yelp (July 2021)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Yelp has hundreds of millions of pieces of user-contributed content, millions of users and business listings, and hundreds of thousands of advertising customers–and all of these numbers are constantly growing. Yelp’s machine learning engineers turn raw data...