Lead NLP Data Scientist at Tessian
🇬🇧 United Kingdom › London (Posted Jul 9 2021)
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Data Science at Tessian
Our mission is to secure the human layer. This involves deploying near real-time machine learning models at massive scale to some of the world’s largest organisations to keep their most sensitive data private and secure. To do this, we're looking for a senior data scientist with NLP experience ready to work on hard problems, drive best practice and cultivate an environment of experimentation and learning. Companies can leverage data science in a number of ways, and we think the role of a Data Scientist falls into three distinct categories:
1) You work for a business function analysing & reporting on how to improve a key metric, e.g increasing user conversion
2) You are responsible for writing production models to enhance the main product, e.g recommendation systems for e-commerce
3) You are the product - without machine learning, it wouldn't exist
The Data Science team built the product at Tessian. We couldn't exist without our machine learning models; it’s at the heart of what we do, and it’s what our clients rely on day-to-day. We're searching for a Lead NLP Data Scientist who is excited about the opportunities and challenges that come with researching, building and deploying real-time production models. In this role you'll get to:
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Work across massive enterprise email datasets
- Deploy models to production that impacts directly our customers and products
- Improve our ML workflow
- Collaborate with engineering and product leaders to develop a product suite that is continually detecting more advanced threats for our customers
- Make your mark on leading ambitious projects
- Mentor and knowledge share with data scientists at Tessian
Why we think you'll love it here....
- 4+ years Data Science experience
- Has strong NLP experience (in production)
- Has worked with, or understands the principles behind working with data at scale
- Can balance longer term projects alongside impactful quick wins
- Cares deeply about the impact their team hasIs a creative at heart, and can encourage novel ways of thinking in their team. This has always been a core part of the data science team’s DNA
- Reads Rules of Machine Learning - Martin Zinkevich and it resonates with how they think about machine learning and data science
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
- 25 days of paid holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, *and * an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!)
- Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Classpass - subsided access to gym time and classes all across London
- Choice First: Do your best work, in the way that works best for you
- Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!)
- Work-from-home subsidy upon joining, so you can kit out your home office
- Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5%
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on, plus Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Senior Data Scientist - Contorion (October 2021)
Build end to end DS/ML solutions that solves a customer need (no throwing the model over the fence)
Drive progress and set directions for DS/ML projects
Work closely with stakeholders to solve their problems and update them on the prog...
Senior Backend Engineer - Python - Cornerstone OnDemand (October 2021)
Remote Europe, 100% Remote
Cornerstone is looking for a Backend Engineer to join its Paris-based data science team. This team results of the acquisition early 2020 of Clustree, an HR deep tech start-up that built some world class AI assets around careers data. In a context where Corn...
Senior Backend Engineer - Layer (September 2021)
Worldwide, 100% Remote
All-remote work style, work anywhere. Currently we prefer teammates to be within UTC to UTC+5
Layer is building a machine learning operating system to empower data science teams to implement end-to-end machine learning effortlessly; from feature engineering, ...
Software Engineer, Machine Learning - Reverie Labs (September 2021)
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a pharmaceutical company from the ground up using computation—we’re a drug company that looks and feels like a tech company. We’re a team of engineers and machine learning researchers using cutting-edge tools to design ne...
Staff Software Engineer C++ focus Intelligent Data Aggregation (m/f/d) - CARIAD (September 2021)
Berlin, Germany (Remote work possible)
Location: Berlin, Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt, Mönsheim/Stuttgart
We are CARIAD, an automotive software company and part of the Volkswagen Group. Our mission is to make the automotive experience safer, more sustainable, more comfortable, more digital, and more fun....