Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d) - Industrial Data Science and Software at Smart Steel Technologies GmbH
🇩🇪 Germany › Berlin (Posted Jul 9 2021)
APPLYING MACHINE LEARNING TO PROCESSES, NOT PEOPLE
At Smart Steel Technologies, we are building a one-of-a-kind cross-disciplinary team, uniting the worlds of steel and machine learning. Our team has come together from a diverse set of academic and professional backgrounds: software development, computer science, mathematics, physics, and metallurgy. Our goal is to leverage this expertise through trust and cooperation. We want to foster an environment where team members have frequent opportunities to learn from each other in fields that they are not (yet) experts.
The machine learning and data science we employ comes in several varieties: image processing, signal processing, classical supervised modeling, unsupervised methods, and fundamental statistics and probability. As a machine learning engineer, your specific expertise as well as your motivation would be the major factors in determining your day-to-day work.
ABOUT THE JOB
QUALIFICATIONS THAT CATCH OUR EYE
- Apply modern machine learning methods to optimization and quality problems in industrial processes
- Tune and optimize neural networks, both bespoke and pre-architected; shallow, deep and recurrent
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of advances in machine learning and its implementations
- Develop and provision software for online learning and prediction in industrial systems
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
- Experience in working with raw industrial data sets, especially with a variety of storage formats
- Experience in software engineering or operations, especially in a full-stack development environment
- Fluency in German or Russian is a plus; English is required
- Balance of autonomy and hierarchy
- Transparent business strategy
- Multidisciplinary team
- Meaningful industrial problems
- Modern Machine Learning
- Sleek new office in Berlin
- Educational opportunities
- German language courses and public transport for free
Company: Smart Steel Technologies GmbH
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Machine Learning Research Software Engineer - Mind Foundry (July 2021)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
We're looking for an experienced Machine Learning Research Software Engineer to join our expanding team. Are you passionate about what you do and interested in tackling some of the world's most challenging data science problems directly with our clients and su...
Lead NLP Data Scientist - Tessian (July 2021)
London, United Kingdom (Remote work possible)
Data Science at TessianOur mission is to secure the human layer. This involves deploying near real-time machine learning models at massive scale to some of the world’s largest organisations to keep their most sensitive data private and secure. To do this, we...
Software Engineer (ML) - Mind Foundry (July 2021)
Oxford, United Kingdom (Remote work possible)
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer (Machine Learning) to join our rapidly growing University of Oxford company in our Engineering team. We are a group of passionate, skilled and inquisitive individuals working together in an open, transparent...
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Freemium Mission - Spotify (July 2021)
Remote Europe, 100% Remote
We are a team in the Freemium mission working on optimizing the customer journey. We are currently working on communicating the right value to the right users at the right time through a multi-channel messaging experience (email, push, in-app, etc), ensuring th...
Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Yelp (July 2021)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Yelp has hundreds of millions of pieces of user-contributed content, millions of users and business listings, and hundreds of thousands of advertising customers–and all of these numbers are constantly growing. Yelp’s machine learning engineers turn raw data...