Software Engineer - Research Team at GrammaTech, Inc.
🇺🇸 United States › New York › Ithaca (Posted Jul 10 2021)
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Are you ready to be challenged, right from the interview process? Are you looking to work with a highly intelligent but humble team? Do you want to work on cutting-edge cyber security problems and have the background to do it? Well then, this role may be for you.
GrammaTech is looking for software engineers at varying levels of experience to perform advanced software development. Build new components and extend existing tooling to meet project needs. Implement both exploratory research prototypes and high-quality products. Possess significant experience contributing to large projects, developing software, with focus on C++ and Python.
Location - Our R&D center is in Ithaca, NY — but we will consider remote employees ( MUST BE IN USA ) when there is a strong match of skills and experience
A research-oriented software engineer is expected to:
- Study and implement approaches drawn from academic literature or in-house design
- Evaluate the resulting prototype implementation to test its value in addressing the research goals
- Report results to the PI and respond by adapting the prototype to better address research goals
- Contribute to presentations and written reports to keep research sponsors up to date on project progress
- Prepare prototypes for demonstrations and evaluations by research sponsors
- Transition prototypes into deployable products
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 3+ years demonstrated experience working in software development in C++ and Python. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Experience in development activities on large code bases with software designed, built, and tested from scratch; familiarity with common software architectures and design patterns
- Experience with modern software -development life cycle practices including effectively using revision control systems (git), continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), container and orchestration technology (docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Knowledge of fundamentals of software security and bug/vulnerability finding
- MS or PhD in computer science or closely related field
- Knowledge of machine code, such as x86, ARM, or MIPS
- Background in static analysis for binaries and/or source code
- Experience with fuzzing or symbolic execution
- Experience with vulnerability research/demonstration or penetration testing (e.g., Metasploit)
- Compiler design, compiler front-end integration, C/C++ parsers
- Dynamic analysis, program instrumentation, and profiling
- System-administration experience, especially related to security
- Malware-analysis techniques
- Experience in using Machine Learning Frameworks like scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, etc.
GrammaTech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Disability/Veterans/Affirmative Action employer. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
Company: GrammaTech, Inc.
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Senior Software Engineer, IoT and Android - Security and Safety Things GmbH (A Bosch IoT Start-Up) (July 2021)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Our AOSP-based operating system enables third party developers to build headless Android apps that run on directly on IP cameras from a wide range of manufacturers. Our team’s role is to enable the creation of these apps by building software frameworks, advan...
NLP Engineer - Strong Analytics (July 2021)
Chicago, Illinois, United States (Remote work possible)
Strong Analytics is seeking a data scientist with expertise in Natural Language Processing (NLP) to join our team researching, deploying, and monitoring NLP-based solutions for our clients.At Strong, we pride ourselves not only in building the right solutions f...
Senior Data Scientist (NLP) - Parenthetic (July 2021)
Arlington, Virginia, United States
We are building human-driven NLP technologies and are seeking an experienced, proactive data scientist to join our newly formed engineering team. An ideal candidate will have a strong background in natural language processing methods and experience with a range...
VP - Data Science / Machine Learning - JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (July 2021)
Plano, Texas, United States
The VP Data Scientist is an individual contributor who should be able to apply quantitative, data science and analytical skills to complex problems. He/she should be able to work across teams to design, develop, and evaluate and execute against those data scien...
Machine Learning Engineer - Flock Safety (July 2021)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States (Remote work possible)
Eliminate Crime. Build Community. Flock Safety provides a public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing wit...