Senior Software Engineer, IoT and Android at Security and Safety Things GmbH (A Bosch IoT Start-Up)
🇺🇸 United States › Pennsylvania › Pittsburgh (Posted Jul 13 2021)
Our AOSP-based operating system enables third party developers to build headless Android apps that run on directly on IP cameras from a wide range of manufacturers. Our team’s role is to enable the creation of these apps by building software frameworks, advanced proofs-of-concept, and development tools to speed adoption of the platform. To do this we work in the areas of computer vision, deep learning, analytics, and Internet of Things. We work in close collaboration with third party development partners to gather their requirements and make sure our software is helping them to be more effective at building analytic apps.
- Develop software libraries and APIs for our AOSP-based operating system, leveraging the newest Android SDKs
- Develop proof-of-concept apps using state-of-the-art image processing and deep learning libraries
- Working as part of an agile team using the latest tools for rapid development, continuous integration, and deployment
- Actively participate in all phase of software development life cycle
- Eliciting requirements from 3rd party developers and delivering APIs to accelerate the development of their edge-based applications and distributed solutions
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience with Java and/or C/C++
- Proficient in Java and Android Development
- Previous work experience in an Agile environment
- Strong adaptive problem solving skills
- Demonstration of sound software design principles, with the ability to create error free, easily readable, documented software
- Proficient in using version control systems including Git, SVN
- Experience using and / or implementing REST services
- MS Degree in Computer Science
- Experience using an Android-compatible IDE including Android Studio, IntelliJ, Eclipse and Visual Studio Code
- Experience with native Android development using C/C++ and Android NDK
- Experience with IoT applications and embedded development
- Experience with Computer Vision libraries such as openCV
- Experience with common Deep Learning libraries and tools such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, SNPE
- Experience in developing APIs
- Continuous integration and devops technologies such as gitlab, Jenkins, ansible, terraform
We want you here for the long haul, so your career goals are important to us. You can expect to
- Join a great and international team — Work with international colleagues (we have more than 25 nationalities) and enjoy our great team culture inside and outside work
- Have impact - Join a venture at an early stage and play a key part in revolutionizing and digitizing the security industry
- Get the best out of both worlds - Enjoy the benefits of an dynamic start up environment and the security and expertise of a corporate company
- Everyone matters - Get things moving quickly and take your own decisions within a fast-paced company culture - we live agile and flat hierarchies
- Feel comfortable - We offer a comfortable working space, diverse employee discounts and free drinks as well as home office opportunities
- Be yourself - Work in an open culture where everyone can be themselves and can come to work in a casual dress code
- Have fun at work! — Our teams love to have fun and so will you
- *Last but not least: Pittsburgh is a leading hub for artificial intelligence and robotics, and is highly ranked in The Economist’s Global Liveability Ranking. *
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Company: Security and Safety Things GmbH (A Bosch IoT Start-Up)
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
NLP Engineer - Strong Analytics (July 2021)
Chicago, Illinois, United States (Remote work possible)
Strong Analytics is seeking a data scientist with expertise in Natural Language Processing (NLP) to join our team researching, deploying, and monitoring NLP-based solutions for our clients.At Strong, we pride ourselves not only in building the right solutions f...
Software Engineer - Research Team - GrammaTech, Inc. (July 2021)
Ithaca, New York, United States (Remote work possible)
OverviewAre you ready to be challenged, right from the interview process? Are you looking to work with a highly intelligent but humble team? Do you want to work on cutting-edge cyber security problems and have the background to do it? Well then, this role may ...
Senior Data Scientist (NLP) - Parenthetic (July 2021)
Arlington, Virginia, United States
We are building human-driven NLP technologies and are seeking an experienced, proactive data scientist to join our newly formed engineering team. An ideal candidate will have a strong background in natural language processing methods and experience with a range...
VP - Data Science / Machine Learning - JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (July 2021)
Plano, Texas, United States
The VP Data Scientist is an individual contributor who should be able to apply quantitative, data science and analytical skills to complex problems. He/she should be able to work across teams to design, develop, and evaluate and execute against those data scien...
Machine Learning Engineer - Flock Safety (July 2021)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States (Remote work possible)
Eliminate Crime. Build Community. Flock Safety provides a public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing wit...