Senior Software Engineer, IoT and Android at Security and Safety Things GmbH (A Bosch IoT Start-Up)
🇺🇸 United States › Pennsylvania › Pittsburgh (Posted Jul 13 2021)
Our AOSP-based operating system enables third party developers to build headless Android apps that run on directly on IP cameras from a wide range of manufacturers. Our team’s role is to enable the creation of these apps by building software frameworks, advanced proofs-of-concept, and development tools to speed adoption of the platform. To do this we work in the areas of computer vision, deep learning, analytics, and Internet of Things. We work in close collaboration with third party development partners to gather their requirements and make sure our software is helping them to be more effective at building analytic apps.
- Develop software libraries and APIs for our AOSP-based operating system, leveraging the newest Android SDKs
- Develop proof-of-concept apps using state-of-the-art image processing and deep learning libraries
- Working as part of an agile team using the latest tools for rapid development, continuous integration, and deployment
- Actively participate in all phase of software development life cycle
- Eliciting requirements from 3rd party developers and delivering APIs to accelerate the development of their edge-based applications and distributed solutions
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience with Java and/or C/C++
- Proficient in Java and Android Development
- Previous work experience in an Agile environment
- Strong adaptive problem solving skills
- Demonstration of sound software design principles, with the ability to create error free, easily readable, documented software
- Proficient in using version control systems including Git, SVN
- Experience using and / or implementing REST services
- MS Degree in Computer Science
- Experience using an Android-compatible IDE including Android Studio, IntelliJ, Eclipse and Visual Studio Code
- Experience with native Android development using C/C++ and Android NDK
- Experience with IoT applications and embedded development
- Experience with Computer Vision libraries such as openCV
- Experience with common Deep Learning libraries and tools such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, SNPE
- Experience in developing APIs
- Continuous integration and devops technologies such as gitlab, Jenkins, ansible, terraform
We want you here for the long haul, so your career goals are important to us. You can expect to
- Join a great and international team — Work with international colleagues (we have more than 25 nationalities) and enjoy our great team culture inside and outside work
- Have impact - Join a venture at an early stage and play a key part in revolutionizing and digitizing the security industry
- Get the best out of both worlds - Enjoy the benefits of an dynamic start up environment and the security and expertise of a corporate company
- Everyone matters - Get things moving quickly and take your own decisions within a fast-paced company culture - we live agile and flat hierarchies
- Feel comfortable - We offer a comfortable working space, diverse employee discounts and free drinks as well as home office opportunities
- Be yourself - Work in an open culture where everyone can be themselves and can come to work in a casual dress code
- Have fun at work! — Our teams love to have fun and so will you
- *Last but not least: Pittsburgh is a leading hub for artificial intelligence and robotics, and is highly ranked in The Economist’s Global Liveability Ranking. *
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Company: Security and Safety Things GmbH (A Bosch IoT Start-Up)
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Tapad (October 2021)
NYC, New York, United States
Small Teams; Big Data
At Tapad, we look for individuals who are motivated by complex and challenging work. We want to work with people who share compelling solutions to those challenges, solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise....
Engineering Manager, Machine Learning - Rokt (September 2021)
NYC, New York, United States
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our machine learning team. This team is responsible for building and maintaining a group of machine learning tools for clients to optimize to value and outcomes - whether that be scale, efficiency or...
Computer Vision Scientist Internship/Co-Op (September - March) - Netrias (September 2021)
Arlington, Virginia, United States (Remote work possible)
Computer Vision Scientist Internship/Co-Op (September - March)
REMOTE / ONSITE (Flexible) | Washington, D.C. Metro Area
Netrias is a fast-growing Artificial Intelligence (AI) company that specializes in the application of machine learning models for biologic...
Senior Machine Learning Scientist - Recursion (September 2021)
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our te...
Software Engineer, Machine Learning - Reverie Labs (September 2021)
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a pharmaceutical company from the ground up using computation—we’re a drug company that looks and feels like a tech company. We’re a team of engineers and machine learning researchers using cutting-edge tools to design ne...