Machine Learning Engineer at Betterup, Inc.
Remote › 100% remote position (in the US) (Posted Aug 4 2021)
- Data product engineer: Build and deploy machine learning models into production designed for operational excellence and rapid iteration/optimization.
- Data storyteller: Effectively deliver analysis, insights, and recommendations to answer cross-functional business questions with clearly communicated artifacts using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, etc.
- Applied behavioral scientist: Advance the understanding of behavior change and interventions by measuring quantitative and qualitative signals across a breadth of psychographic signals.
- Act as an owner : It’s not done until it’s in production. Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of the role on the project.
- Do less, deliver more: Familiar with the terms YAGNI and yak shaving? Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that really move the needle.
- Impress yourself: We hold ourselves to quality above and beyond something that “just gets it done”. Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness.
- Collaborate without ego: Willing to take on roles small or large in order to further the mission at hand.
- Stay on your edge: Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies. Pushing yourself and your team to new heights.
- Practice imagination: Hypothesize meaningful questions and dive into data to uncover insights.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment.
- Alignment with BetterUp mission of enabling behavior change.
- Succeeded in a remote work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Impressive portfolio (patents, publications, Kaggle profile, etc).
- Advanced Python expertise with data analysis and machine learning libraries (e.g. Numpy, tensorflow, etc).
- Experience with advanced machine learning architectures and models (e.g. NLP, Deep learning, etc).
- Effective analytical presentation skills using Jupyter notebooks and static presentation formats.
- Efficient database modeling and cleaning techniques (SQL).
- Experience with cloud computing techniques (AWS, GCP or Azure).
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
Learning and Development stipend
Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.