Python API Developer at Esri
🇺🇸 United States › California › Redlands (Posted Aug 13 2021)
Come work on one of the fastest growing products in ArcGIS, the ArcGIS API for Python, a Pythonic API for your web GIS. It allows ArcGIS analysts, data scientists, developers, administrators, and anyone with an ArcGIS Online subscription or ArcGIS Enterprise to leverage the rich Python ecosystem to accomplish a wide variety of tasks, ranging from performing big data analysis to managing their web GIS and automate such workflows.
In this role, you will gain valuable experience on how to design and develop an API in Python as well as develop on top of successful open source projects such as conda, Jupyter notebooks, Docker, etc. and also in contemporary software development paradigms such as test driven development and continuous integration.
- Participate in design and development of the ArcGIS API for Python
- Develop widgets and extensions for Jupyter Notebook and JupyterLab
- Leverage open source as well as proprietary modules using Python
- Perform bug fixes, documentation, and maintenance tasks
- Author samples and guides using Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiarity with ArcGIS suite of products and concepts of GIS
- 1+ years of experience with high level programming languages such as Python
- Understanding of REST APIs and web programming
- A strong drive and interest to learn new technologies quickly and work in a fast-paced software development environment
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, or related disciplines, depending on position level
- Experience using Python libraries such as pandas and numpy, geospatial libraries such as shapely, Fiona or GDAL, and machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow or PyTorch
Other machine learning jobs that might be interesting
CV/ML Engineer - Matician (September 2021)
Palo Alto, California, United States
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by automating mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are buildi...
Computer Vision Scientist Internship/Co-Op (September - March) - Netrias (September 2021)
Arlington, Virginia, United States (Remote work possible)
Computer Vision Scientist Internship/Co-Op (September - March)
REMOTE / ONSITE (Flexible) | Washington, D.C. Metro Area
Netrias is a fast-growing Artificial Intelligence (AI) company that specializes in the application of machine learning models for biologic...
Machine Learning Research Engineer - Generally Intelligent (September 2021)
San Francisco, California, United States
In this role you’ll work with our researchers to do cutting-edge deep learning research—conducting experiments, creating infrastructure, and developing tooling & visualizations—with the goal of developing more human-like machine intelligence.
ISE, Input Experience - NLP Data & Machine Learning Engineer - Apple (August 2021)
Cupertino, California, United States
With hundreds of millions of users and billions of messages typed every day, Apple’s software keyboard is among the most frequently used software on the planet. At Apple, you have an opportunity to shape the user experience for digital communication by buildi...
AI/ML- Machine Learning Engineer, Information Intelligence - Apple (August 2021)
Cupertino, California, United States
The AI/ML Information Intelligence team is creating groundbreaking technology for artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing! The features we create are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile ...