Staff Software Engineer C++ focus Intelligent Data Aggregation (m/f/d) at CARIAD
🇩🇪 Germany › Berlin (Posted Sep 2 2021)
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Location: Berlin, Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt, Mönsheim/Stuttgart
We are CARIAD, an automotive software company and part of the Volkswagen Group. Our mission is to make the automotive experience safer, more sustainable, more comfortable, more digital, and more fun. Soon, we'll be a team of more than 5,000 software developers and engineers, building the leading tech stack for the automotive industry and creating a unified software platform for over 10 million new vehicles per year.
We’re looking for talented, digital minds like you to help us create code that moves the world. Together with you, we’ll build outstanding digital experiences and products for all Volkswagen Group brands that will transform mobility. Join us as we shape the future of the car and everyone around it YOUR TEAM
‘BigLoop & Advanced Systems’ is a division of CARIAD SE that holds the E2E responsibility for unifying all activities across domains to accelerate VW Group’s shift towards data driven development (D3). The overarching goal is to build one holistic data system, which encompasses existing systems across domains as well as brands within VW Group. We adopt a development practice of DevOps and SRE while constructing the next-gen big-data system of CARIAD SE. Our multi-national team of engineers is leveraging computer vision, big data, simulations, and high-performance computing to design our own software system for CARIAD’s customer features, such as autonomous driving. We invite you to join us as we tackle complex real-life scenarios and develop tomorrow’s software and hardware solutions of future mobility. WHAT YOU WILL DO
The qualified candidate will perform his/her magic and inject his/her entrepreneurial spirit into a new team by actively contributing to the exploration of unchartered territory and integrating the team into a large-scale organization. Therefore, this position is best suited for high achievers who love to champion new ideas and challenge the status-quo.
WHO YOU ARE
- Design and implement scalable software architecture (embedded and HPC) using modern concepts and design patterns
- Set the standards within the team for SOLID design principles and test-driven development
- Design software stacks for the next generation in-vehicle engineering system and in-vehicle intelligent data aggregation system
- Work with a growing team of machine learning experts and software developers to develop novel solutions to challenging problems
- MSc in computer science, robotics, physics, engineering, numerical modeling or a related subject with outstanding grades
- 5+ years of experience in high-performance object-oriented software design
- 3+ years of experience writing highly efficient parallel software (SIMD, thread parallel, distributed memory parallel, manycore hardware e.g. GPUs)
- Solid understanding of inter- and intraconnect technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
NICE TO KNOW
- PhD and relevant publications and/or patents
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Prior experience with autonomous driving, sensor fusion or computer vision
- Experience in data analysis and optimizing deep net performance
- Knowledge of Python and deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow)
- 40-hour weeks
- Remote / mobile work
- Company pension plan
- Annual professional development
Please mention that you found the job at Jobhunt.ai