Remote › 100% remote position (in the US)(Posted Mar 6 2022)
About the company Armis Industries is a Saint Louis-based, deep technology startup developing next generation Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning-enhanced, autonomous and unmanned vehicle systems and related data analytics technology for both government and commercial applications.
Armis Industries is a St. Louis-based deep technology startup focused on developing the next generation of unmanned and fully autonomous vehicle systems for aerospace, defense and industrial applications. We develop full-stack autonomous systems, with in-house physical vehicle design, command and control development, and mission information analytics and decision making.
Machine Learning is the foundation of our command & control, autonomous decision making, as well as sensor data analytics capabilities. We are building machine learning systems that can operate reliably in complex, real-world environments and that can be easily adapted to new locations and missions.
We are seeking a Director of AI/ML Engineering who can take the reins on this problem set. We desire a technical leader who can think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like sensor perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with our vehicle hardware and systems engineers.
Your day will include designing, modeling and simulation, prototyping, integrating, and field-testing the AI/ML backbone of the firm’s in-development autonomous air, land, and sea-borne autonomous vehicles and their subsystems. Additionally, you will develop and deploy novel AI/ML models and algorithms to provide key fundamental capabilities such as prediction, optimization, and classification. You will also apply machine learning algorithms to sets of structured and unstructured data for applications in pattern recognition, target detection and tracking, and reinforcement learning.
Most importantly, you will be responsible for developing the underlying AI/ML-related design processes and methodologies employed by multiple team members, including our software and embedded systems engineers.
● A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields with at least 7 years of relevant AI/ML experience in the development of autonomous air, land, or sea systems OR a Master’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience OR a PhD with 3 years of relevant experience
● Strong expertise in modern AI/ML techniques
● Strong experience applying AI/ML to at least one of the following technical areas: autonomous robotics, computer vision, or human-computer interaction (HCI)
● Experience with a major neural network learning framework such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
● Extensive experience with neural network design and training in a common framework
● Familiarity with cloud computing
● Experience with embedding edge computing
● Strong experience with developing/applying multi-agent reinforcement learning and deep learning algorithms
● Exposure to common autonomy software tools (e.g. ROS, AirSim, AFSIM, PX4/MAVLink, QGC, Docker)
● Experience designing and developing embedded systems
● Programming experience in Python, C/C++ or other similar language
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://Jobhunt.ai/machinelearning-ml-ai-job-zh-Remote-Director-of-AI-ML-Engineering-Armis-Industries-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at Jobhunt.ai